Dennis Michael Lynch will be hosting his video podcast Tuesday morning on TeamDML.com. The show will be available live to TeamDML members, and available to the public as an audio-only podcast Tuesday afternoon. Below is a sneak preview of some of the hot topics DML will be discussing. This is a show you don’t want to miss!
1 – Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announces legislation to crack down on violent protesters
Gov. Ron DeSantis announced a legal effort to protect Floridians from the sort of riots taking place in American cities such as Portland and New York.
DeSantis said the details of the law that would be introduced in the next legislative session would include minimum six-month jail terms for anyone found guilty of throwing an object at law enforcement officers. It would also define specific penalties for blocking roadways, toppling monuments or harassing people in public among other things.
- Charges for violent protests and looting would be categorized as 3rd degree felonies.
- Blocking a roadway or interstate, destroying public property, statues and monuments, or harassing innocent people in public will be a crime.
- Drivers would not be held liable for injury or death if they are fleeing for safety when protesters are blocking a roadway
- Anyone convicted under the new law will not be eligible for unemployment or other state benefits.
- People from out-of-state will be penalized further.
- New mandatory minimum: 6 months for striking a law enforcement officer during an “violent assembly”
- Anyone arrested for violent or disorderly assemblies will be jailed and not eligible for bail before initial court appearance
- The bill will cut state funding for cities who “defund the police”
- They’ll go after any groups funding or organizing the violent protests
2 – Bloomberg raises millions to help Florida felons vote
In addition to Mike Bloomberg pledging $100 million to help Joe Biden win Florida, just days after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis won a court victory to keep felons from voting until they’ve paid off fines, restitution and court fees, billionaire Mike Bloomberg has stepped in to help them pay off the debts.
The Florida Rights Restitution Council had raised about $5 million before Bloomberg made calls to raise almost $17 million more.
- About 31,000 felons will potentially benefit from the debt payment windfall.
- It is intended for felons who had already registered to vote and owe $1,500 or less.
3 – CNN’s Don Lemon suggests to ‘blow up the entire system’
CNN anchor Don Lemon suggested on Monday that radical change is necessary in order for the “majority” to have a bigger say in government.
During his nightly handoff with primetime colleague Chris Cuomo, Lemon floated a solution for the masses who are disenfranchised by both parties. “We’re going to have to blow up the entire system,” Lemon said.
— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) September 22, 2020
4 – Biden refuses to say if he supports adding more seat to the Supreme Court
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden declined to say in an interview Monday whether he would support adding seats to the Supreme Court, signaling a shift from the primary race when the former vice president said he opposed increasing the number of justices because Democrats would “live to rue the day.”
Biden to @WBAY declines to answer q on adding seats to SCOTUS if GOP replaces RBG
“It’s a legitimate question, but let me tell you why I’m not going answer…it will shift the focus.”
“Let’s say I answer…then the whole debate’s gonna be about what Biden said or didn’t say.” pic.twitter.com/gvP6TCDPS8
— Johnny Verhovek (@JTHVerhovek) September 22, 2020
During the primary last year, Biden said he would NOT support adding more justices to the Supreme Court – while his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, said she WOULD.
- Biden – July 2019: “I’m not prepared to go on and try to pack the court, because we’ll live to rue that day.”
- Biden – Aug. 2019: “I don’t think you can start to fool around with changing the structure of the Constitution legislatively.”
- Harris – Mar. 2019: “We are on the verge of a crisis of confidence in the Supreme Court. We have to take this challenge head-on, and everything is on the table to do that.”
5 – Facebook claims to have helped 2.5 million people register to vote so far this year
Facebook announced Monday it has helped an estimated 2.5 million people register to vote this year ahead of the presidential election, which is now just six weeks away.
Facebook estimated 2.5 million people registered to vote this year across Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger, “based on conversion rates we calculated from a few states we’ve partnered with,” the company said in a press release Monday. That’s more than the total estimated 2 million people Facebook helped register to vote during both the 2016 presidential election and the 2018 midterm elections.
Facebook has set a goal to help register a total of 4 million voters before Election Day 2020 on Nov. 3.
Tomorrow is #NationalVoterRegistrationDay, a reminder to take the first step to vote by registering and making sure your voice is heard. With the pandemic creating confusion, it’s more important than ever to make sure everyone knows how to safely cast their vote.
— Facebook (@Facebook) September 21, 2020
6 – Black veteran explains why he’s not supporting Joe Biden
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany retweeted this video on Sunday of a U.S. Marines veteran:
“Why am I NOT supporting Joe Biden?”
“Because he doesn’t support us, with the veterans; our families; the peaceful protests while they’re burning down the cities.”
“They’re defunding our police. Are you kidding me? Nah, I can’t do that.” pic.twitter.com/Tto45AVgMN
— Ryann McEnany (@RyannMcEnany) September 20, 2020
Forbes reported Sept 10: From a Morning Consult poll:
- 52% of military households—voters who are or live with a veteran or active-duty service member—back Trump as compared with 42% for Biden.
7 – President Trump honors two high school football players who carried first responder flags
While speaking at a campaign rally in Ohio Monday evening, President Trump recognized two high school football players who were briefly suspended from their team because they dared to carry flags honoring first responders out onto the field before a game, on the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attack.
President @realDonaldTrump recognizes two #Ohio high school football players who were suspended from school for carrying a ‘thin blue line’ flag and ‘thin red line’ flag onto their football field before a game pic.twitter.com/GaHmwERTfs
— Team Trump (Text VOTE to 88022) (@TeamTrump) September 22, 2020
- The teens were also awarded scholarships: MORROW, Ohio (WKRC) — A local group called Holiday for Heroes is awarding scholarships to the two Little Miami teens who were briefly suspended from the high school football team for carrying two flags onto the field when the district said they were told not to.
8 – Teen who ambushed two troopers with AK-47 in Arizona revealed to be an illegal alien from Mexico
Breitbart: One of two suspects accused of ambushing Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) detectives is an illegal alien, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency confirmed.
Last week, Arizona DPS detectives were targeted in an ambush shooting by two individuals. The passenger of the vehicle, 17-year-old Luis German Espinoza Acuna, allegedly opened fire on the detectives using a rifle.
The driver of the vehicle is still wanted, while Acuna was arrested. The Center for Immigration Studies has confirmed with ICE that Acuna is, in fact, an illegal alien from Mexico.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Tired of your news being censored by the liberal social media giants? During this critical election season, don’t miss any of DML’s daily podcasts! Below are two important steps you can take:
- Download the DML News App to your phone today – it’s FREE! This will give you direct access to all our news articles, all day long, 7 days a week… UNFILTERED by the social media giants.
- JOIN US as a TeamDML.com subscriber. If you’re not already on board this growing movement of independents and conservatives, please get started TODAY! You’ll have access to WATCH DML’s daily news shows LIVE, and so much more! Get unfiltered news and commentary you won’t hear anywhere else! CLICK HERE.