As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Fox News:
David Bouchard admitted he put a Customs and Border Protection officer in a chokehold. Charles Comfort was indicted by a grand jury of civil disorder for twice charging at Portland Police Bureau officers and hitting them with a makeshift shield then kicking a third officer while being arrested. Both men faced federal charges stemming from their actions during a summer of more than 100 straight nights of often violent protests in Portland. But Bouchard and Comfort are among dozens of Portland federal arrestees whose cases were dismissed or are being deferred without so much as a day behind bars.
Between May 25 and Oct. 7, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Oregon filed federal charges against 97 people connected to the Portland unrest. Since then 58 of those cases have either been dismissed outright or are on track for dismissal through a deferred resolution agreement. Thirty-two cases are still pending, with many likely to also end in dismissal according to sources. Seven people have entered guilty pleas.
The article goes on to state the following:
Of those pleading guilty, only one person is headed to prison, and he was caught red-handed. Security video shows Edward Schinzing setting fire to the Justice Center with his shirt off and his name tattooed on his back. A plea deal calls for Schinzing to serve the five-year mandatory minimum sentence for arson.
“It’s offensive to all the men and women who risked their lives in Portland for 90 to 120 days or even longer in some cases, being attacked night after night after night,” said Chad Wolf, the acting Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump.
Former federal prosecutor Alex Little said, “The prosecutors in that office, the number of prosecutors, that support, even the courthouse system, isn’t really set up to handle those sorts of numbers.”
Lisa Hay, the federal public defender in Oregon spoke on the matter saying, “I think the federal government went overboard in some of the ways they addressed these protests. And what we’re seeing now is many of the cases that were brought because of the federal government’s overreach are now being dismissed.”
WATCH the report here by Fox News:
Former DHS Acting Secretary Chad Wolf tweeted Tuesday, “Almost 60% of charges of those arrested last year have been dismissed. Felonies in many cases. This is not right. If the local US attorney resources are overwhelmed, DOJ HQ can surge additional prosecutors.”
Almost 60% of charges of those arrested last year have been dismissed. Felonies in many cases. This is not right. If the local US attorney resources are overwhelmed, DOJ HQ can surge additional prosecutors. https://t.co/QyXVcaSsvi #FoxNews
— Chad Wolf (@ChadFWolf) May 4, 2021
Listen to the latest daily DML podcasts below! Then please share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP, please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.
To get more information about this article, please visit Fox News.