Sign up for our newsletter

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:

President Trump and members of his administration’s coronavirus task force will brief members of the media in the White House briefing room on Wednesday.

The appearance marks only the second time that Trump has appeared in the briefing room and comes amid growing concerns about the global spread of the coronavirus and pressure surrounding his administration’s efforts to contain it.

The article goes on to state the following:

Publicly, Trump has sought to project optimism and downplay the threat of the coronavirus, trying to stave off concerns even as stock markets declined this week amid fears about its spread globally.

During his two-day trip to India, Trump said that the virus was “very well under control” in the United States.

Dr. Nancy Messonnier told reporters hours later that it is believed that the spread of the virus inside the U.S. was inevitable.

The White House issued the following statement ahead of Trump’s address:

Under President Trump’s leadership, the full weight of the U.S. Government is working to protect the health and safety of the American people.
 
Tonight at 6:30 p.m. ET, the President and members of the Coronavirus Task Force will hold a news conference to update Americans on the federal response to the coronavirus. 
 
Decisive action from President Trump at the beginning of the outbreak—including prudent travel restrictions and an early containment strategy—has given local officials time to prepare. Last month, the President formed a Coronavirus Task Force, led by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and comprised of subject-matter experts, to organize a whole-of-government response.
 
As a result, America has been able to stay ahead of the outbreak as it develops abroad.
 
The Trump Administration also recently requested new funding authorities from Congress. With this action, the Administration expects to allocate at least $2.5 billion to fight the coronavirus. That funding will go toward public health preparedness, laboratory testing, quarantine costs, the development of vaccines, and other healthcare priorities. 
 
One principle in particular has defined President Trump’s approach: radical transparency. Rather than keep Americans in the dark, the Administration wants citizens to be able to see inside each step of the process. The President also wants all Americans to understand how their government is working hard to keep them safe. 
 
“We’re taking this incredibly serious here in the United States,” Secretary Azar said. “We are doing the most aggressive containment efforts in modern history to prevent further spread in the United States. We’re going to continue taking those measures.”

WATCH BELOW (originally streamed live):


To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com.

Sign up for our newsletter
Previous articleREPORT: Trump campaign says two Clinton-won states are within reach for president
Next articleEXCLUSIVE: Immigration expert warns Sanders plan would destroy the U.S. [VIDEO]